Friday, April 3, 2009

Reason #1 Why I Will Never Be A Great Cook

Lately, as I have been cooking or baking, it has come to my attention, once again, why I will never be a great cook.

I absolutely HATE to touch most "raw" foods. Raw meat is at the top of my "hate to touch" raw foods. And chicken is at the top of that list.

I also dislike getting my hands dirty baking...anything. So, while I will roll the occasional cookie into a ball, and lightly knead the rare scone or biscuit...when I was introduced to a batter yeast bread that I don't have to TOUCH, I was so happy. (More on THAT bread soon!)

This dislike of dirty hands keeps my gardening nice and simple too. Gotta use that shovel!

Wonder where this "dislike" came from?

4 comments:

illahee said...

you know, i used to get grossed out about touching certain things, but then one day i realized: i can wash my hands afterward. no matter how disgusting, some soap and hot water always made me feel better.

i once had a job cleaning public rest rooms so.... lol

you could always get someone else to cut things for you. ;)

(p.s. i made perfect chocolate chip cookies today, i am so excited!! i will post about it on my regular blog.)

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

Ewww, I hate touching raw meat, too - it was esp. yucky when I was pregnant. I buy big packs of chicken and ground beef/pork from Costco and divvy it up for the freezer, and I really do NOT enjoy that.

Unknown said...

I used to make burgers with saran wrap on my hands. Now they have those plastic gloves you can use for touching meat, etc. Meat is the worst for me. First, I don't like meat in general & BONES are the worst! (I don't willingly eat meat with bones EVER, and NEVER pick it up & chew on it.) It takes all I can not to throw up when OTHERS do this... especially sucking on the bones?? What's with THAT?!
Maybe the gloves would help you, tho... And you ARE a great cook with great ideas. (Please dont think I threw up at your house bc of the food!) :) Tam

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.