So, I told her I'd post on the blog here about the menu part of our celebrations. For all reading, this is not necessarily a traditional Easter spread!!! But it was special for our day, easy to make, and yummy! I'll get recipes posted as soon as possible!
- Italian Sausage and Cheese Bread (instead of ham and scalloped potatoes!)
- Hot Cross Buns (A TRUE Easter food - the cross symbol reminds us of the cross Jesus died on! Thanks for the inspiration, Heather!)
- Raspberry and Blueberry Clafoutis - can't wait to read THAT recipe, I'm sure!
- Strawberry Jello (jelly) with a ton of strawberries and a bit of banana in it. - I grew up on this!
- Rice Krispie treats cut in egg shapes for decorating - I'll post some tips and pics.
- Mugicha - barley tea, and Iced Tea
It was a simple menu because I could make it all the day before, and just enjoy our friends.