Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Peanut Butter Shortbread

I try to make good things last for a long time. I like delayed gratification. I've saved some things so long, they were no longer any good. So, I am trying to change my spots!


I received a four pound jar of peanut butter (see Scotcharoos), and am determined to enjoy it rather than hoard it. Jun had a peanut butter sandwich yesterday and loved it. Today, we had a meeting for Mamas at church, so I decided to try another peanut butter recipe. I was out of eggs, so this was perfect!


Peanut Butter Shortbread


The site is called Peanut Butter Lovers. They have ALL kinds of peanut butter recipes! I'll have to try a few more, I think! Entrees too!

Abigail saw this recipe and "tweaked" it with .... CHOCOALTE! Click HERE to see her version!

5 comments:

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

Kim, I love PB in any way, shape, or form, and these sure look tasty - and so pretty, too. I get my PB at Costco so I always have a good supply. Yea for PB!

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

I'm gonna go make these RIGHT now - and I thought of a PB main dish you might like - http://www.mamatouille.com/2008/10/nsoso-ya-muamba-aka-chicken-with-peanut.html. It's yummy with chicken, tomatoes, celery, and PB. Over rice.

Coffeegrljapan said...

You did NOT just use shortbread and peanut butter in the same sentence?! Oh how decadent!! Kim, you always make me sooooo hungry! I'm about to finish up my second jar of peanut butter since I got here in October. I'll need to get another soon (thought two Costco sized jars might last me for 8 or 9 months). Oh how wrong I was.

Kim said...

Each and every time I snitched one, I was again shocked at how yummy they were without all the sugar I usually LOVE in my peanutbutter cookies!

I cooked mine in a slightly larger than 8" pan, so it only took 30-40 min. to finish them. I cooked them at 160. Abigail is cooking hers in an 8" pan at 150. I can't wait to hear how hers turn out!

Coffeegrljapan said...

Oh yum! I just got my new Costco supply of peanut butter. Hopefully I might swing some of these one day soon :)