Friday, May 14, 2010

Cream Cheese Frosting

My friend, Abigail, and I were always trying to find frosting recipes that didn't take powdered sugar, in Japan. Even after I learned "how" to make powdered sugar, I never wanted to use Ryu's coffee grinder that long to grind enough for frosting. So, I am not sure how great the home made would taste in big quantities.

Anyway, I have posted my Mom's Pour on Chocolate Frosting that doesn't require powdered sugar, but am ALWAYS on the look-out for other recipes. Even though both Abigail and I are now living in the USA, with pounds and bags of powdered sugar at our fingertips if we could just find the aisle they were sold on at the supermarket, I hope the following recipe for Cream Cheese Frosting without powdered sugar will help someone out!

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 comment:

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

Kim, I love your post! This makes me laugh--I got so used to not having powdered sugar that I don't even have any in my cabinet now! And you're right--I probably couldn't even find it at the store even if I wanted to purchase some! :)