Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Imo Kenpi

Knowing the danger of Japanese snacks on the waistline - and other parts of the body - I am pretty picky about the snacks I choose. Not that they need to be healthy. Just so delicious that it is reasonable to blow caution to the wind.

There are various versions of this snack. You can use real sweet potatoes and make a sauce to pour over them, or you can pay a buck, have them deep fried and crunchy with sweet stuff on them and...they are OHHHH so delicious. This particular brand's is the perfect balance of sweet and salty. I can, and have, eaten the whole bag. You know, before Jun wakes up from her nap, because they aren't all that good for her. The things a Mama must do for the kiddo!

So, if you live in Japan, TRY THEM! I bet you'll like them too! (Yep, you can get them at 7-11 or Itoyokado.)

1 comment:

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

Oooh, man, I'm going to 7-11 ASAP!!! And I LOVE those chocolate-covered kakitane you sent me. Oishii yo!